Bit of an update on the Podcast.
Well I got some great news last night, the domain resolved for the Global Geek Podcast! Woot. So now everybody this is important: the URL for the podcast is now:
So please update that.
On a slightly different note, like anything I seem to do there was no silver lining to this story. Rather there was a grimy smudged edge. It would appear that the RSS feed for the podcast and the blog page is BUSTED! Yup you got it the feed is broke. By that I mean that it will not work. The reason being that the feed will not validate. So when you sophisticated people that use Firefox go there you will not see an RSS feed detect in the address bar! Damn it. Looking at the report on the feed it looks like all that is missing from it is a < symbol at a critical point, but hey I don’t know RSS code so what do I know. That’s what I an paying Libsyn for!
Yes I am bummed about it, a fairly crucial piece to podcasting and subscription is that the feed works! But I have emailed Libsyn with the problem and I will let you know when it is all up and running.
Looking at it I do not think it has anything to do with the domain name resolving because I tested the previous RSS feed; before the change and I got the same error. So anyone wanting to get a domain name – fear not!
I would also like to thank those that are commenting on the blog and dropping me a line. I can not tell you what a motivation it is to keep it up and I’m feeling pretty good about it all. Thanks. By the way don’t forget that if you don’t feel like typing you can always just leave me an audio comment with odeo, just click the link on the side bar to the right.
One last thing – still looking for an artist to give us a logo; preferably a cool one (logo that is the artist can be a complete dag… like me!).
Leave a Reply